Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We moved





The last four months have been insane. We bought a new home and an apple orchard. We now own about 187 apple trees and a goat named Socks. We purchased the fifteen acres behind our new house two years ago. When our new house and the orchard went up for sale we decided to take a look because it borders our land. Our thoughts were if we absolutely loved it then we wouldn't have to build. Worth a glance, right? Guess what? We loved the house and land and well...here we are. I'm happy to say we are moved, back online, and adjusting to it all. If someone would have told me I would move 31/2 months after bringing my son home from Ethiopia I would have laughed hysterically. Praise the good Lord Adonu is such a happy going little boy. He hasn't missed a beat with the move. He has so much room to play now and it has been fun watching the kids adjust to country life. I mean, a goat, come on!!!! I was a total city girl and now I own a small hobby farm. We are learning a lot as a family about caring for apple trees and I'm even composting. Who would have thought! Two nights ago I actually mowed lawn on a John Deere riding mower. WOW!

Through it all, Ethiopia is on my mind daily. I was so happy to get back to the FBI list and check out the adoption world. We are excited to see the wonderful Tucker family is adopting again. What a blessing. I'm also excited that a local family just submitted their final paperwork to Gladney for an Ethiopian adoption! It is truly amazing to watch God work in the lives of so many!

1 comment: