Monday, January 19, 2009

I have a dream.....





Half of our home schooling day was spent discussing the life of Martin Luther King Jr. today. We read the books Martin's Big Words by Doreen Rappaport and Rosa by Nikki Giovanni. I highly recommend these books. We then did a craft were the kids each drew a picture of themselves with their brother from Ethiopia. It was fun to see their drawings of what they think he will look like. Below the pictures we put Martin's words, "I have a dream that one day in Alabama little black boys and black girls will join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers." We then discussed what the Lord said in 1 Samual 16:7, "For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance,but the Lord looketh on the heart." Straight from the Word is the truth of all matters of appearence. I believe Martin would have agreed with this when he said, "Love is the key to the problems of the world."

Over the weekend, the girls participated in a speaking contest for 4-H. Niah recited "When Herbert Got a Hotdog" by Kenn Nesbitt. She did great with a score of 97. Emma recited "The Dentist Pulled my Teeth Out" by Kenn Nesbitt. She also did great with a score of 95. I am proud of their hard work.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog site from my blog site. I wanted to let my readers know about your adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete