Friday, January 9, 2009

Why Adopt?

I would like to start by explaining why we want to grow our family through adoption. Ephesians 4:4-7 says "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;" Adoption is God's idea and plan. It was not an afterthought. God knew that we would sin and become orphaned ourselves. Because of this, he planned, before the world was created, to redeem us through his only son Jesus Christ. Redeem means to buy back or rescue something that was lost. We were bought back into God's family through the blood of God's son Jesus Christ. Why did he do this? So that the glory of His grace would be praised. We have chosen then to adopt to continue to glorify God in His plan that was set in place before the world was here. We will strive to raise our son to glorify God and we hope to model God's mercy and justice through our adoption. I imagine the hardships that Jesus endured on the cross for my sins and I know that we can endure any hardships or stress that may come through this process. I also realize how wonderfully rich and full my life has become since I acknowledged that I am a sinner and that I need Christ as my saviour. Since this time, I have been adopted into God's family and have benefited from his many blessings. My husband and I are excited to share all that we have been blessed with with our son from Ethiopia. We hope that you will journey with us as we follow God's leading on our pathway to Ethiopia.

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to hearing about your adoption process and meeting the new addition to your family:)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete