Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Unity



Sunday's are the greatest days. We spend most Sundays going to church and then hanging out with my brother's family. They have seven children ranging in age from three months to fourteen years. My kids have so much fun playing with their cousins. They are making memories to last a lifetime. I have to admit I have a lot of fun playing with the kids too and hanging out with my best friend and sister-in-law Jackie. This last Sunday we celebrated Holly's fifth birthday. Holly is in the red dress on the back of the couch. I talked the kids into a group photo by asking them to make their crazy faces and the adults joined in too! I was able to snap a photo of most of them smiling in between silly moments. We also spent some time on Sunday watching old films from when my mom was a baby. My dad recently put these on DVD and brought them to me this last week. It was so awesome, and emotional, to see my grandparents and other family in their youth.

The kids were also happy to spend some time with Brad's parents over night Friday and Saturday with Dad while I worked on a continuing education class. They got to go sledding and bowling and had a blast. Brad didn't take a camera so I don't have any pictures. Maybe Grandma can send me a few?

My husband and I have been discussing all the blessings the Lord has bestowed on us lately. It is one of the reasons we feel called to adopt, to share our many blessings. Listed at the top of these blessing is our family. Weekends remind me of the precious gift that family unity is. The Bible tells us this in Psalm 133:1 "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for a brethren to dwell together in unity!" I know Brad and I are seeking to maintain unity in our family as God has called us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment