Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dinosaur Birthday and Dreams








We celebrated Jason's fifth birthday over the weekend. He had a dinosaur party. We played musical dinosaur stomp, pin the spots on the dino and other boy games. He really had a great time. His cousins Isabella and Max were visiting. We had bought a snow cone maker and the kids had a blast crushing ice for the yummy treat. Jason made a wish before he blew out his candles. Maybe his wish was,"Please let my brother come home soon!" Jason and our puppy Maddie have the same birthday. She turned one year old and showed off her good looks with a new pair of sunglasses!
I thought I was handling the wait list thing fine but I had the oddest dream last night. Our caseworker called and said she had to talk with us at 5:30am on Monday and would we be available. I asked my husband if he would be home. This is odd because we are usually sleeping and of course he's home. In my dream, he wouldn't answer me. He just stared and I kept asking if he would be there. I finally yelled, "BRAD!" Then I awoke to my husband shaking me saying, "What?" I guess I really yelled his name. I have never done that ever! I asked him what I sounded like and he told me I sounded very panicked. Maybe I am panicking that I will miss the call or that we won't be able to get together to see the pictures. Who knows but we are one month down and many more to go.


1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, not many more to go-I am so anxious, too. I think about "the call" all of the time!! I hate to say it, but this is worse than the paperchase process. I guess because it is out of our hands, now. I hope we both get the call SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete