Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random Thoughts








We enjoyed spending time with our cousins from Ohio and their two little girls. I must say these two little girls are so precious. We always wish we lived closer after spending time with them. There are just some people who you really connect well with. I feel this way about this family. We so appreciate their efforts to visit each year and feel so blessed to have them in our family.
My pictures are a little out of order. The middle two are from our church service Sunday evening. Emma, Niah and a friend named Annie sang "Trust and Obey" as a special. They did wonderfully and I could hear them all the way in the back without a microphone. It was an emotional service as we said goodbye to our youth/assistant pastor and his family. They have been called to serve in Tennessee. We will miss them and their little boys. They have had a huge impact on our family as we have grown in Christ during the last three years. We are excited to see how the Lord will use them as they continue to serve Him.
I checked the FBI list today and am excited about new referrals and court dates for all the Gladney families. I noticed that the Fournet family has a court date tomorrow and urge everyone to pray. This family has been waiting so long. I admire their faith through these difficult times. During our service Sunday our Pastor referenced Isaiah 41:10. I thought this verse was encouraging as we wait during all stages of this process. It says, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." I also really appreciated 2 Tim. 3, "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." As Christians we are reminded that through our suffering comes far greater rewards. I'm sure this is similar to what my husband and his brother are going through with training for their triathlon this Sunday. It takes a lot of painful training to win! Maybe adoption is like a triathlon with three stages, paper chase, waiting, passing court. Well Fournet's you are nearing the finish line and God is at your side! May tomorrow be the day! To Brad and Brian-Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment